Welcome to Nepal, the best nation on the planet. This beautiful island offers a wealth of activities that are unmatched anywhere else on the earth, making it a true traveler's paradise.
The question of what to do in Nepal may leave you feeling overwhelmed because it is home to seven of the world's ten tallest mountains, some of the best hiking and mountaineering imaginable, the birthplace of Buddha, steamy lowland plains, and incredible wildlife viewing opportunities, ancient royal cities and the maze-like streets of Kathmandu, as well as adventure activities that will blow your mind (or give you a heart attack), and some of the friendliest locals imaginable.
Nepal Ultimate Bucket List
There are a ton of incredible things to do in Nepal, and while you almost certainly won't have time to do them all, this book is jam-packed with our picks for the best historical sites, outdoor activities, and travel advice to make the most of your time here.
TREK TO MOUNT EVEREST BASE CAMP:- Trek to Mount Everest's 5,365 Meters high Everest Base Camp. Mount Everest is the tallest mountain in the world.
- SCENIC MOUNTAIN FLIGHT TO EVEREST:- If you are not into trekking, take a scenic flight around the Himalayas. Nepal has beautiful scenery.
- GOKYO LAKE TREK:- It is a tremendous joy to include a trip to Gokyo Ri and the Gokyo lakes in your tour of Nepal. In addition to deviating from the common route to Everest Base Camp when you visit this magnificent region, you'll also get some (more) breathtaking vistas and a special vantage point from which to observe Mount Everest.
- ADVENTURE EVEREST THREE HIGH PASS TREK:- One of the best teahouse treks in Nepal and one of the hardest treks that circumnavigate the Everest region is the Everest Three Passes Trek. The hike takes you across three 5,000-meter passes, including the Renjo La, Cho La, and Kongma La peaks, with breathtaking views of all the great giants.
- GOKYO RI TREK WITH REJOLA PASS:- View Mount Everest while at Gokyo Lake. There are breathtaking views of the tallest mountain in the world from this tranquil lake in the Dudh Koshi Valley.
- NAMCHE BAZAR:- The Sherpa Culture Museum is located in Namche Bazaar, where you may learn more about the Sherpa people.
- POON HILL TREK:- For visitors with limited time in the nation, thePoon Hill Trip is the finest introductory trek. Anyone with a decent level of physical fitness can handle it.
- ANNAPURNA CIRCUIT TREK:-The Annapurna Region tour is a fantastic way to see the outdoors, mountain climbing, and Nepalese culture. The journey takes trekkers from a hot, humid region to freezing peaks and back in less than two weeks. It begins at 800 meters and ascends to 5400 meters (Thorong La Pass)
- ANNAPURNA BASE CAMP TREK:-Take the trek to Annapurna Base Camp. It takes about 8 days to go from Pokhara to Base Camp.
- PARAGLIDING IN POKHARA:- For those looking for adventure, Pokhara Valley is one of the top destinations in Nepal. Pokhara, located in the foothills of the Annapurna mountain range, serves as the starting point for some of the best hikes in the area. However, one of my very favorite things I did in Nepal was go paragliding in Pokhara.
- KHOPRA TREK:- There are many hiking opportunities in Nepal, but if you're searching for a trek that is much off the beaten track, the Khopra Trek might be what you're looking for.
- BUDHANATH STUPA:- Visit the Boudhanath Stupa,the oldest Tibetan Buddhist temple outside of Tibet, to learn about Tibetan culture.
- CHITWAN JUNGLE SAFARI:- Go on a safari through the forest in Chitwan National Park to view rhinos, elephants, birds, and, with any hope, the critically endangered Bengal tiger.
- MONKEY TEMPLE TOUR:- Discover the Monkey Temple, also known as Swayambhunath Temple! This magnificent Buddhist monastery has a lot of monkeys wandering about and provides breathtaking views of Kathmandu.
- PASUPATINATH TEMPLE:- Admire the revered Pashupatinath Temple, a Hindu temple situated on the Bagmati River's banks. Even cremations can be seen taking place by the river.
- YOGA AND MEDITATION IN NEPAL:- Visit a yoga retreat to learn about meditation and yoga in the breathtaking Himalayan scenery.
- EXPLORE KHUMBU REGION:- A trip via the Khumbu Valley can take two weeks to a month. Although it's not for the faint of heart, you'll enjoy stunning views of Mount Everest and have the opportunity to visit monasteries and a Sherpa community.
- ISLAND PEAK CLIMBING:-The Khumbu/Everest region's Island Peak, which is located at 6160 meters above sea level, is one of the top hiking and peak-climbing locations and must be on your list of things to do in Nepal. Trekkers who are heading towards the base camp of Island Peak have a stunning view of the mountains in the area. Lhotse and Makalu may be seen in stunning detail from the summit of Island Peak.
- LUKLA FLIGHT:- Take a flight from Kathmandu to Lukla Airport, which is the riskiest airport in the entire world. It has a 1500-foot runway that abruptly ends and slopes down into a river valley.
- BUNJEE JUMP:- Bunjee jumping will thrill you if you're seeking a truly adventurous encounter. If you happen to be in Nepal, you should not pass up the opportunity to practice the exhilarating sport of bungee jumping.
- KATHMANDU DARBAR SQURE:- Visit the Durbar Square in Kathmandu. Due to UNESCO's designation of Kathmandu Durbar Square as a World Heritage Site, seeing it must be on your list of things to do in Nepal.
- TAMANG HERITAGE TREK:- Going on a hike across the uncharted regions of the Langtang region and far into the Tamang heritage. This walk is all about experiencing the local culture firsthand, learning about one of Nepal's oldest tribes, the Tamang people, and taking in the breathtaking Himalayan mountain landscape.
- MUSTANG TOUR:- With its high-altitude desserts and eroded badlands, Upper Mustang, which borders Tibet, has a desert-like landscape reminiscent of Mars. Although there aren't many people in this mystical and culturally significant area, hiking here is well worth the effort.
- Rara Lake:- Trekking to Rara Lake, which is 2972 meters above sea level, provides a peaceful setting for you to rest. The hill will be covered in red rhododendrons if you happen to be there in the summer.
- RESTRICTED MANASLU TREK:- The constant backdrop of Mount Manaslu makes trekking in the Manaslu region a delightful experience. Adventurers will find many wonders along the remote Manaslu region trekking trail.
- DOLPO TREK:- Dare to explore the Dolpo region's hidden trails and "Nepal's off the beaten track." One of the most thrilling places to go trekking in Nepal is the Dolpo region. Phoksundo Lake, Nepal's deepest lake, is also located here. One of the rain shadow regions, the Dolpo region is a high-altitude desert that is strikingly reminiscent of Tibet.
- MARDI HIMAL TREK:-Mardi Himal Trekking is a relatively new venture into the Annapurna Himalayan Range, located at the base camp of the impressive Machhapuchre Himal (Fishtail)
- KHOPRA RIDGE TRIP:- The trekking to Khopra Ridge trip goes beyond a simple ridge stroll. Underestimating it in this way is incorrect. It is, to put it briefly, a tour of one of Nepal's most uncommon large mountain views. The Dhaulagiri and Annapurna ranges offer stunning views, making this one of the most challenging and hazardous hiking routes.
- TILICHO LAKE:- Trek to Tilicho lake. At 4,919 meters above sea level, Tilicho Lake is regarded as the highest altitude lake in the world. Its dimensions are 4 km long, 1.2 km wide, and 85 km deep, and it has a surface area of 4.8 km2. The lake is situated in the Himalayan Annapurna range in the Manang district.
- PARAMOTER:-There is no better way to rule the skies than with a paramotor. You may take in some of Nepal's most breathtaking landscapes during the flight. Don't pass up the opportunity to enjoy the stunning scenery.
- ZIP LINE:- What may be an even more exhilarating experience for anyone? The steepest and fastest adventure experience in the world is on the longest zip line. All you have to do is relax while taking in the breathtaking views of nature.
- PARAGLIDING:- Try paragliding if you want to experience flight like a bird since it will allow you to see the most breathtaking scenery from above. Flying in the skies and taking in the breathtaking scenery will leave you with no regrets at all. You'll get a sense of floating in the air.
- DEEPEST GORGES:-Discover the deep gorges and enjoy the exhilarating experience that you won't find anyplace else. Some of the nicest memories you've ever had in your life will be a result of the exciting expedition.
- SARANGKOT:- Sarangkot, a charming little village, is well renowned for its stunning surroundings. The settlement, which is situated on the outskirts of Pokhara, enjoys a breathtaking view of the magnificent and imposing Annapurna Himalayan range. Other mountain ranges that give the area an orange hue enhance its splendor. Going paragliding in Sarangkot is one of the things to do in Nepal.
- LUMBINI:- Visit Lumbini, the birthplace of Buddha. Prince Siddhartha, who subsequently took the name Buddha and founded the religion of Buddhism, was born in Lumbini. One of the best things to do in Nepal is to visit this location, which is on the World Heritage List.
- ROCK CLIMBING:- You'll feel as though you've accomplished something very amazing. Climbing rocks will give you the impression that tough situations will come in life, but how you handle them is entirely up to you.
- RIVER RAFTING:- Do Rafting. It will be very spectacular for any adventure seekers to encounter the gushing white water. Your anxieties will be banished by the white water rafting's adrenaline rush.
- NAGARKOT:- For those who enjoy the outdoors and mountains, visiting the well-known Nagarkot is one of the must-do activities while visiting Nepal. The region is renowned for its beautiful sunrise views from a magnificent mountain range that includes Mount Everest.
- BHAKTAPUR DARBAR SQURE:- Explore Bhaktapur. The third medieval Newari city and best-preserved location in Nepal is the little town of Bhaktapur. Tourists enjoy strolling around the picturesque, cobblestoned lanes of the car-free city center.
- THAMEL:- Go shopping in Kathmandu's Thamel. Here, you may purchase almost anything, including food, souvenirs, and equipment for hiking.
These are the top things to do in Nepal. Adventure seekers and those who enjoy the outdoors often include Nepal on their bucket lists. If you have been delaying your vacation for one reason or another, you need to start making travel arrangements immediately. Additionally, this list of the top activities to do in Nepal can add intrigue and adventure to your trip there. Plan a vacation to this little Asian country as soon as possible.